FAQ an GoPro zur Hero 2HD

• Hi,

hoffe es ist für euch genauso von Interesse... Die Fragen hab ich dem Hersteller gestellt neulich.

FRAGEN

1.)Would it be possible to fix the cam to a passenger plane? Like a Boeing or so…

2.)What is the temperature range for the proper use of the camera?

3.)Is the any height limit for the use? (due to air pressure)

4.)Will there be any update to use narrow and medium FOV in the 720 and 960 resolution?

5.) Does it make sense to film in NTSC mode within Europe? Should it be a problem? The FPS in NTSC is up to 60 FPS for the 720 resolution… In PAL max 50 FPS. Would the NTSC Mode not be better for later slow-motions videos? Is there still a difference between PAL and NTSC in modern flat screen TV´s by the way?

6.)Do you plan to update the option with a “time out” setting? Sometimes I want to film the sunrise at home, I start the camera just before leaving my place, but 1h filming would be enough, however I am not there to stop it. It would be great and useful if there would be a “timer” function. Better would be a timer “start/stop” option. Like start and record for 90 mins, then stop recording for 30 mins, then start again. Such plan would be great!!!

7.)Which is the best video mode to film normal street scenes, like the daily life?

8.)Do you have any recommendation for external mics?

9.)About the suction cup. What is the max speed supported?

10.)What is the max speed supported with the adhesives mounts?

ANTWORTEN:

1) Unfortunately, this is a subject I can not comment on too much due to international flight safety laws. As our mounts say, they can hold up to speeds of 150-200 MPH, but I think passenger planes go quite a bit faster than that.
    2) We do not have any official extreme temperature ratings for the camera.

In colder temperatures, the main concern is reduced battery life. The HD HERO does generate heat during operation to help keep the battery pack from getting too cold and therefore helps to minimize the reduction in run times. The HD camera does include a rechargeable lithium ion battery pack, which is the type to hold up best in cold temps. For the standard def HERO camera, we only recommend using the Energizer Lithium in cold temps for best performance.

In hot temperatures, the HD HERO camera will automatically shut off if operational temperatures exceed 120 F.

3) We have had customers put the cameras up to about 80,000 feet without issue.
    4) On the HERO2 we do hope to have a firmware update for narrower FOV in 720p, but not 960p.
    5) PAL is still recommended in Europe. While the division between NTSC and PAL is blurring, it is still best to use PAL when you are working with European computers, TV's, and incorporating video with other camera footage.
    6) I do not know if this will be possible but I will ensure it is on the list of "requested" features.
    7) If you do not want the wide angle FOV, I would say that 1080p in the Medium or Narrow setting would be the best for "every-day life."
    8) Unfortunately, we are limited as to what we can recommend here. I can say that it is best to have self-powered mics as the camera's mic output is not strong enough to run most mics.
    9) We only recommend using the suction cup up to 150 MPH, though it has been taken up to about 200 MPH. It is up to the user to ensure proper and secure mounting, though.
    10) Please see above for #9, it is actually about the same ratings.